The Aloe vera plant is about one or 2 feet tall with prickly and bitter leaves. The leaves hold a icky semi lucent gel, also extremely bitter, and best-known everywhere for it’s unbelievable healing properties. This semi lucent gel is formed of approximately 96% water, some organic and inorganic compounds, a type of protein that contains eighteen of the twenty amino acids found within the body and finally, Vitamin A, B, C and E.
It is also known as:
Kumari – Sanskrit
Ghrita kumari – Hindi
Indian Aloe – English
Lolesara – Kannada
Aloe vera or aloe vera-based products are often utilized in the winter as well as in the summer and by individuals of all skin types. One way to use Aloe vera is to use the gel directly; another would be to make a pack using Aloe vera together with some other special ingredients from your kitchen.
- Aloe vera to moisturize Skin: Aloe vera gel can be directly extracted from the plant and applied to your skin. Peel off the outer layer of the succulent leaf to get to the gel. Scoop out the gel and gently massage the gel on your face
- Aloe vera heals External Wounds and insect Bites: Aloe vera gel are often used as a topical treatment for small cuts, bruises, and bug bites
- Aloe Vera for Dry Skin – Take half Aloe vera leaf, a pinch of haldi (turmeric), a teaspoon of Madhu (honey), a teaspoon of cow’s milk and a couple of drops of rose water. mix this combine until you get a paste. Apply it and leave in for about twenty minutes and wash off.
- Aloe Vera Scrub – Take half a cup of fresh Aloe vera gel, a cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. The sugar will help exfoliate and scrub off dead skin, the Aloe vera can deep clean the skin and the lemon will help fade away scars and tan. Stir the 3 ingredients together and use it to scrub each face and body.
- Aloe Vera for acne – one tablespoon Aloe vera gel, two to three drops lemon juice. Add the juice to the Aloe vera gel and mix them together. Massage the gel on your face.
- Aloe vera for Sun burns: Aloe vera gel is applied onto the sun burnt area.
- Heals External Wounds And Insect Bites: Gel is applied on the insect bite.
- Eases Heartburn And Acid Reflux: 20ml of the juice with equal amount of water empty stomach in the morning.
Aloe vera side effects:
- Aloe vera induces purgation and hence it is not ideal to take it during diarrhea.
- Care is taken while using aloe in children and during lactation
- It is best to avoid it during pregnancy.