Amruthotharam Kashayam is used in treating fever, early stages of rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever, constipation, edema, jaundice, gouty arthritis, breathing difficulties, liver disorders, cold, running nose, skin diseases, viral infections, etc…
The Ingredients —
- Haritaki — Terminalia chebula
- Guduchi — Tinospora cordifolia
- Sunthi — Ginger — Zingiber officinale
The Indications —
- Fever — Jwara
- Loss of appetite
- Gas, Flatulence
- Gout or raised uric acid level — Vata Rakta
- Rheumatoid arthritis — Amavata
- Common cold
- Jaundice — Kamala
- Edema — Shotha
The Dosage —
- 10 to 20 ml in Adults.
- 5 to 10 ml in Children
- Twice daily with 15 to 60ml warm water 30 minutes before food.
The Side effects —
- No known side effects.
- However, over dosage might lead to Heartburn, Loose stools and Burning sensation in the abdomen
The Contraindications —
- Not suitable in Pregnant ladies as it contains Haritaki (has a laxative action)
The Reference —
Medical Disclaimer. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.