Ashwagandhadi lehyam is a traditional poly-herbal semi-solid formulation with Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) as one of its main ingredients. It is considered a powerful aphrodisiac and nervine tonic. An immune booster rich in anti-oxidants, this lehyam helps increase energy, reduce fatigue and improve stamina, muscle strength & sexual vigor. As a revitalizing tonic, this Ayurvedic bodybuilding supplement helps improve body weight, naturally!
The Shloka ––
अश्वगंधां तिलं माषं गुडं कृष्णां च सर्पिषा |
अर्धमास प्रयोगेण कुंजरेण समं बलं ||
aśvagaṁdhāṁ tilaṁ māṣaṁ guḍaṁ kr̥ṣṇāṁ ca sarpiṣā |
ardhamāsa prayogeṇa kuṁjareṇa samaṁ balaṁ ||
The Contents —
- Aswagandha — Withania Somnifera
- Tila — Sesamum indicum
- Masha — Vigna mungo
- Guda — Jaggery
- Krishna (Pippali) — Piper longum
- Sarpi – Ghee
The Usage of Ashwagandhadi lehyam –
- 5 – 10 grams once or twice a day before or after food with milk or as directed by the Physician.
- Dosage for children below 5 years of age – 1 – 2 grams, once or twice a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk or as directed by the Physician.
- Dosage for children between 5 – 12 years of age – 5 grams once or twice a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk or as directed by the Physician.
Sahasra Yoga Lehya Prakarana 10
Medical Disclaimer. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.