Botanical Name — Flueggea leucopyrus
Common Names —
English — Bushweed, Indian Snow berry
Hindi — Shinar
Marathi — Pandharphali
Kannada — Kandekuvana, Hooli, Bilchuli
Sanskrit — Shweta Kambuja, Panduphali
Health Benefits —
- The plant is sweet, cooling, diuretic, aphrodisiac, tonic.
- Useful in vitiated conditions of Pitta, burning sensation, strangury, seminal weakness and general debility.
- Leaves act as a disinfectant(antiseptic) and its paste is used by the tribes to extract any extraneous materials from body tissues without surgery.
- Juice or paste of leaves used along with tobacco to destroy worms in sores.
- Plant is used as a wonderful medicine in Menstrual disorders.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.