Dhatri Lauha is a herbomineral medicine referenced from Bhaishajyaratnavali, shularogadhikara (treatment of Gastric ulcer/Duodenal ulcer/Colic). It is a classical Ayurvedic medicine available in the form of tablets and indicated to treat Amlapitta (Hyperacidity), Parinamasula (Duodenal ulcer), Ajirna (Dyspepsia or indigestion) and the disorders of the alimentary canal.
Ingredients of Dhatri Lauha —
- Dhatri — Emblica officinalis
- Lauha churna — Iron bhasma
- Yashthimadhu — Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Guduchi — Tinospora cordifolia
Benefits of Dhatri Lauha —
- It gives relief in hyperacidity.
- It reduces free and total acidity significantly.
- It contains Lauha Bhasma (Iron calcined) so it is also useful in treating anemia.
- It is also effective in treating diseases of eyes and jaundice.
- It cures impaired digestive fire.
- It gives relief in bleeding disorder.
Uses of Dhatri Lauha —
- Hyperacidity, Amlapitta
- Abdominal colic
- Gastric ulcer
- Epigastric pain, acid eructation, epigastric and retrosternal
- Burning sensation
- Distension of abdomen due to obstruction to passage of urine and stools
The Dosage of Dhatri Lauha —
1-2 tablet twice daily with honey or ghee before and after the meal or as directed by a physician.
Adjuvants — Honey and Ghee
Bhaishajya Ratnavali Shula Roga Adhikara 30/149-154
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.