Jeerakarishtam is an ayurvedic herbal medicine for poor appetite, diarrhea, Irritable bowel syndrome, flatulence, bloating etc., this arishta helps maintaining a proper balance of the digestive system there by reducing the digestive disorders.
Jeerakarishta Actions –
- It is a good uterine detoxifier and helps remove the toxins from the uterus after the delivery.
- It helps improve the digestive capacity and also improves the appetite.
- It helps reduce the temperature of the patient.
- It helps stop diarrhea
- Helpful in curing the mouth ulcers
- Has reports of cuing IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome)
- Can reduce the abdominal pain with burning sensation
- Jeerakarishtam increases the breast milk production due to cumin’s galactagogue action and improves the quality of the milk by preventing and treating stanya Dusti
- Children – 5 – 10ml
- Adults – 10 – 20ml
Best time to take – Immediately after food.
Reference – Bhaishyajya Ratnavali Stri Roga Chapter
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.