Kaishore guggulu is an ayurvedic guggul formulation used for raised uric acid, mild to severe attacks of gouty arthritis, inflammatory diseases, wounds, abdominal diseases, constipation, indigestion, diabetic carbuncles etc.
The Ingredients —
- Guduchi — Tinospora cordifolia
- Amla — Emblica officinalis
- Bibhitaki — Terminalia bellirica
- Haritaki — Terminalia chebula
- Shuddha Guggulu — Commiphora mukul
- Shunthi — Zingiber officinale
- Maricha — Piper Nigrum
- Pippali — Piper longum
- Vidanga — Embelia ribes
- Nisoth — Operculina turpethum
- Danti moola — Baliospermum montanum
The Indications —
- Kushta — all skin disorders
- Vata rakta — Gouty arthritis
- Vrana — Non healing wounds
- Gulma — Abdominal tumours
- Prameha pidika — Diabetic carbuncle
- Prameha — Diabetes
- Udara — Ascites
- Mandagni — Diminished digestion
- Kasa — Cough
- Shyavathu — Inflammatory conditions
- Pandu — Anemia
- Churna — 500 mg to 1 gram twice a day
- Tablets — 2 to 4 tablets twice a day
- Gout or High uric acid — Manjishtadi kwath or Punarnava Kashaya
- Abdominal diseases — Warm water
- Chronic Constipation — Warm milk
- Skin Diseases — Khadiradi Kwath
- Wounds or Boils — Khadiradi Kwath
Dietary restrictions while taking kaishore guggul —
- Avoid eating heavy and spicy foods
- Avoid eating fried foods and junk foods.
- Avoid eating during indigestion.
- Do not take sour foods such as curd and citrus fruits.
- Reduce intake of salt in diet.
- Avoid endurance physical exercise.
- Avoid alcohol and sun exposure.
Side effects of Kaishore Guggul —
However, kaishore guggulu is considered safe and well tolerable in most of people, but in some cases, it can cause following problems.
- Acidity (rare and it occurs only if you already have history of gastritis, GERD or ulcer)
- Frequent urination (rare with kaishore guggulu, but if you are taking it with punarnava for gout, it is common due to diuretic action of punarnava)
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding —
You should avoid using kaishore guggulu during pregnancy. Lactating mothers should take it if required and indicated under supervision of ayurvedic physician.
Children below 5 years —
It is not recommended using kaishore guggulu in children below age 5 years.
There are no contraindication yet known with kaishore guggul.
- Kaishore Guggulu
- Sharangdhara Samhita
- Bhaishajya Ratnavali
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.