Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam is mainly used in treatment of skin diseases. Widely used in Ayurvedic medical practice across India.
Ayurvedic Herbal Formulation — Pacify High Pitta (agni)
It is a combination of Ayurvedic herbs which have been used in Ayurveda since time immemorial.
- Cooling in nature.
- Pacifies high Pitta (agni/fire).
- Promotes healthy complexion
- Complexion care & blood purification formula.
- Helps to purify blood which contributes to fair and healthy complexion.
- Treatment of skin diseases, Gout, syphilis, non healing wounds
- Treatment of obesity and hypercholestrolemia and eye diseases.
Primary Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Mahamanjistha Kwath supports healthy skin complexion.
- Supports skin health and natural complexion.
- Helps to balance excess pitta [fire] in body which is main cause of unhealthy complexion and thus by balancing pitta (fire) it supports for healthy skin.
- Helps purify blood naturally and thereby support skin health.
- It supports blood purification which contributes to healthy blood circulation and skin health
Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam Ingredients:
Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
Musta – Cyperus rotundus
Kutaja – Holarrhena antidysenterica
Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
Kushta – Saussurea lappa
Nagara – ginger
Bharngi – Clerodendron serratum
Kshudra – Solanum xanthocarpum
Vacha – Acorus calamus
Nimba – Azadirachta indica
Haridra – Turmeric
Daruharidra – Berberis aristata
Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis)
Patola – Luffa acutangula / Trichosanthes dioica
Katuka – Picrorrhiza kurroa
Murva – Marsdenia tenacissima
Vidanga – Embelia ribes
Asana – Pterocarpus marsupium
Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus
Trayamana – Gentiana kurroo
Krishna – Long pepper
Indrayava – Holarrhena antidysenterica
Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba
Mahadaru – Cedrus deodara
Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
Khadira – Acacia catechu
Chandana – Santalum album
Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
Varuna – Crataeva nurvala
Kiratatikta – Swertia chirata
Bakuchi – Psoralea corylifolia
Kritamala – Cassia fistula
Shakhotaka – Streblus asper
Mahanimba – Melia azadirach
Karanja – Pongamia pinnata
Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
Jala – Pavonia odorata
Indravaruni – Citrullus cholocynthis
Ananta – Hemidesmus indicus
Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Parpata – Fumaria indica
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle —
Foods to Favor
- Porridge (Oatmeal),
- Coconut Water,
- Bottle Gourd,
- Snake Gourd,
- Green Gram Soup
- Green Vegetables
- Rock salt
- Butter milk
Foods to Avoid
- All type of meats, fish, egg,
- Deep fried food,
- Ground nuts,
- Cashew nut (Kaju),
- Curd (yogurt),
- Fenugreek seeds
- Canned food,
- Fried foods,
- Other acidic food or fruits
- Milk and its products
Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam dose:
Kashayam – Children 5 to 10ml with 30ml of water, Adult 20ml with 50ml of water twice daily.
Maha Manjishtadi Kashaya Side Effects:
No known side effects, over dose may induce gastric irritation. Use this medicine under medical supervision.
Maha Manjishtadi Kashayam reference:
Sharangadhara Madhyamakhand 2/137-142, Bhaishajyaratnavali.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.