Mandukaparni is a medicinal plant found in marshy places. Mandukaparni works on mind for the improvement of intellect.
Botanical Name – Centella asiatica
Family – Umbelliferae/ Apiaceae
Common Name —
- English – Gotu kola, Asiatic Pennywort, Indian Pennywort
- Kannada – Ondelaga, Brahmi soppu
- Tamil – Vallarai
- Hindi – Brahmi
- Marathi – Karivana
Medicinal Benefits –-
- In cracked heels – Powder of Mandukaparni + 7 parts of Bee wax make a paste and applied.
- To improve attention – 1gm powder of Mandukaparni twice daily with milk.
- In depression — Powder of Mandukaparni + Mukta Pishti + Jatamamsi Powder
- To improve mental abilities — Powder of Mandukaparni + Ghee
- To reduce anxiety — Powder of Mandukaparni + Powder of Shankapushpi
- In insomnia — 3 grams Powder of Mandukaparni is to be taken with milk while sleeping
- In wound healing – The local application of Mandukaparni enhances the wound healing
How to consume the herb –
- Juice extract – 10-30ml
- Powder – 3-6grams
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.