Nisosiradi Taila is an Ayurvedic Taila formulation which is used to treat Prameha Pitika (Diabetic carbuncles), Meha Roga.
The Shloka —
निशोशीरबलाक्वाथे तैलमेलादिकल्कितं |
सिद्धमभ्यङ्गयोगेन पिटिकामेहसूदनं ||
niśōśīrabalākvāthē tailamēlādikalkitaṁ |
siddhamabhyaṅgayōgēna piṭikāmēhasūdanaṁ ||
The Contents —
- Eladi Gana
- Tila Taila
- Nisha — Cucurma longa
- Ushira — Vetiveria zizanioides
- Bala — Sida cordifolia
How to Use —
- First, drain the pus from the boils and carbuncles. Then this oil is to be applied regularly.
- Apply the oil for one hour and then wash off and completely dry the area.
The Benefits —
- It helps reduces pain, swelling in the clusters of the boils.
- It prevents recurrence of Diabetic carbuncles.
The Indications —
- Prameha Pitika — Diabetic carbuncles
- Meha roga
The Reference —
Sahasra Yoga Taila Prakarana 26
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.