Panchagavya Ghrita is an ayurvedic herbal ghee formulation which is used to Increase Smriti, Ayushya, Medha, Buddhi, in Nashtartava (complete absence of menstrual blood) and Swarabhanga (Loss of voice).
The contents —
- Vacha — Acorus calamus
- Ela — Elettaria cardamomum
- Triphala — (Amalaki — Emblica officinalis + Haritaki — Terminalia chebula + Bhibhitaki — Terminalia bellerica)
- Vidanga — Embelia ribes
- Yashtyahwa — Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Soundi (Pippali moola) — Piper nigrum
- Katurohini — Picrorhiza kurroa
- Draksha — Vitis vinfera
- Haridra dwaya — (Haridra — Curcuma longa + Daruharidra — Berberis aristata)
- Patha — Cissampelos parreira
- Manjishta — Rubia cordifolia
- Vrisha (Vasa) — Adhathoda vasica
- Agni (Chitraka) — Plumbago zeylanica
- Go ghrita
The Indications —
- Ayushya Vardhaka
- Buddhi Vardhaka
- Medha Vardhaka
- Smriti Vardhaka
The Dosage —
1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon with warm water/milk usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by the physician.
Panchagavya Ghrita Side Effects:
There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
The Reference —
Sahasrayoga Ghrita Prakarana
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.