Punarnavadi Ghrita is an ayurvedic herbal ghee formulation which is used to treat Shoola (Pain), Gulma (Tumors) and Udara (Diseases of abdomen).
The contents —
- Krishna (Pippali) — Piper longum
- Tanmoola (Pippali moola)
- Yashtimadhu — Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Mridwika (Draksha) — Vitis vinfera
- Yavani — Trachyspermum ammi
- Vishwabhesaja (Sunthi) — Zingiber officinale OR
- Hingwadi Churna dravya
- Go ghrita
- Eranda Taila — Ricinus communis
- Punarnava — Boerhavia diffusa
- Sphotya Bhujanga (Gaja Pippali) — Scindapsus officinalis
- Lasuna — Allium sativum
The Indications —
- Shoola – Pain
- Gulma — Tumors
- Udara — Abdominal diseases
The Dosage —
1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon with warm water/milk usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by the physician.
The Reference —
Sahasra Yoga Ghrita Prakarana
It is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.