Safed Musli (Chlorophytum Borivilianum), also called White Musli, is a potent aphrodisiac and string adaptogenic herb used in ayurveda and herbal science. It is effective for improving male performance, inducing spermatogenesis and providing strength to the muscles.
In ayurveda there is a concept of Brihmana Therapy which is nourishing treatment which includes herbs, which increase body endurance and improve strength and enhance physical performance. This type of treatment is highly beneficial and advisable for diseases like osteoarthritis, male weakness, reduced vitality, and diabetes in thin or weak people, cancer, muscular weakness, fatigue, oligospermia, bodybuilding etc. Safed Musli is one of important herb in ayurveda, which provides all these benefits.
The medicinal parts —
- Tuberous Roots
Indicated in —
- Male Weakness
- Erectile Dysfunction or impotence
- Arthritis (especially osteoarthritis)
- Improving athletic performance
- Gaining muscle strength in Bodybuilding
- Diabetes mellitus for restoring body strength and gaining weight
- Increasing lactation
- Physical weakness and debility
Safed Musli Benefits —
- In weakness and fatigue — Take a teaspoon of both Safed Musli and Sugar with milk twice daily.
- For Under weight patients — A teaspoon of Safed musli is mixed with Milk and it is to be drunk in the night.
- Appetite Loss — Half a teaspoon of Trikatu + Honey + safed musli is to be taken.
- Nocturnal Emission — Safed musli powder + Amla powder can be used.
- Erectile Dysfunction — Safed Musli powder one teaspoon at night with milk
- Enhances Milk Production — Safed Musli + Jeera + Sugar
- Adults (19 to 60 yrs) — 3 to 6 grams twice daily with milk
- Geriatric (above 60 yrs) — 2 to 3 grams twice daily with milk
- Pregnancy — 1 to 2 grams twice daily with milk
- Lactation — 1 to 2 grams twice daily with milk
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.