Every time we visit a doctor we get the warning to keep the cholesterol in check. And be healthy and eat healthy.
The main reason behind the advice to keep the cholesterol in check is because if it is high then it leads to several health problems including the blockage of blood circulation which may lead to stroke.
These are the top 5 foods which are recommended to find a place in your diet to reduce that bad cholesterol:
1. Olive oil – Olive oil is known to be rich in polyphenols and has Oleic acid, a mono saturated fatty acid known to decrease the bad cholesterol.
2. Fish – Fishes have Omega 3 fatty acid which help in decreasing the bad cholesterol
3. Oats – Oats contain soluble fibre which helps in easy digestion and reduce the cholesterol levels
4. Mushroom – Mushroom has a polysaccharide, Lentinan which helps in reducing the bad cholesterol levels.
5. Garlic – Garlic has a high sulphur compound named Allicin and antioxidants which help the particles of cholesterol in sticking to the artery. Eating 4 garlic cloves every day has been known to reduce at least 10% of bad cholesterol.
7. Whole grains – they are nutrient rich and have a high fibre which helps in reducing the bad cholesterol
9. Coriander Seeds – Coriander seeds have known to reduce the bad cholesterol. Here is what you should do:
> Take 2 teaspoons of Coriander seeds and add them in a glass of boiling water
> Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
> Strain this mixture and cool it. Drink it at least twice a day.
10. Sunflower Seeds – The linoleic acid present in sunflower seeds dissolves the cholesterol and thereby reducing bad cholesterol
11. Cinnamon and Honey — Half a teaspoon of each Cinnamon powder and Honey in the morning helps in reducing bad cholesterol
12. Tulasi – 5-6 leaves of Tulasi leaves or their juice in the morning will reduce the bad cholesterol due to Linoleic acid present in it
13. Papaya – Eat ripe Papaya in empty stomach. It helps in reducing cholesterol if taken for a month. It is advised not to eat at least for a hour after eating it.
14. Fenugreek seeds – Powder some fenugreek seeds mix it in a glass of water and drink it in the morning to reduce bad cholesterol
15. Green Tea – Green tea has antioxidants which help in reducing the bad cholesterol
16. Ginger – Ginger tea/ in raw form help in reducing bad cholesterol
17. Grapes – Grapes are rich in flavonoids which help reducing the bad cholesterol in the body.
18. Spinach – The Lutein formed in Spinach or any other leafy vegetables have been known to reduce the bad cholesterol