Trikantaka Ghrita is an ayurvedic herbal ghee formulation which is used to treat Mutra Vikara (Urinary tract Infections), Prameha, Mutrakricchra, Vata roga (All diseases of Vata), Sharkara and Ashmari (Kidney stones).
The contents —
- Darbha — Desmostachya bipinnata
- Draksha — Vitis vinfera
- Ambu (Musta) — Cyperus rotundus
- Soundi (Pippali moola) — Piper longum
- Vasira (Apamarga) — Achyranthes aspera
- Trinkantaka (Gokshura) — Tribulus terristris
- Ela — Elettaria cardamomum
- Girijatu (shilajatu)
- Girijabheda (Pashanabheda) — Bergenia ligulata
- Yashti — Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Shatavari — Asparagus racemosus
The Dosage —
1/4th to 1/2 teaspoon with warm water/milk or as directed by the physician.
Reference — Sahasrayoga Ghrita prakarana
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.