- Lowers cholesterol: Papayas are rich in fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants prevent build up cholesterol in the arteries.
- Helps weight loss: A papaya contains only 120 calories. So a bowl of Papaya would not harm your diet
- Boost your immunity: It acts as a shield to resist an array of infectious diseases. Single papaya meets more than 200 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin C.
- Good for diabetics: Despite some sweet in nature, papaya has low glycemic index (8.3 grams in 1 cup of papaya sliced) so can be eaten by diabetics
- Good for eyes: Papaya has vitamin A in abundance, which helps prevent them from damage.
- And improves digestion: In today’s era, it is nearly impossible to avoid eating bad food for your digestive system.
- It helps to relieve menstrual pain in Women: An enzyme called papain helps regulate menstrual the menstrual period.
- To promote the growth of hair: Papaya is very useful in order to maintain healthy hair. Vitamin A in them, hair in the production of sebum, it is used which is an important compound in order to moisturised maintaining smooth and shiny.
- After working hard for the day, it is a good idea to go home for the plate of Papaya which helps to reduce stress. This fruit is rich in some nutrients such as vitamin C that can keep you free from stress.
Not to be eaten:
Pregnant ladies should not consume raw papaya as it can cause abortion.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.