Pushyanuga Churna is given for treating gynaecological problems. It is Raktaptta-hara which means it cures bleeding disorders. It is useful in the treatment of all menstrual disorders such as excessive bleeding, fibroids, painful periods, mid-cycle bleeding, and heavy bleeding before menopause.
Pushyanuga Churna is astringent, pungent, sweet and bitter in taste. It is warm in potency. It calms vata, Pitta and kapha. It works on plasma, blood, muscles and reproductive system.
This medicine is tonic for uterus. It is anti-inflammatory (reduces swelling) and anti-spasmodic (relieves spasm). It is a circulatory and menstrual regulator. Due to its alterative and vasoconstrictor properties it cures bleeding disorders.
- Patha — Cyclea peltata
- Jambu bija majja — Eugenia jambolana
- Amra bija majja — Mangifera indica
- Pashanabheda — Aerua lanata
- Rasanjana(Daruharidra) — Berberis aristata
- Ambastaki — Cissampelos pareira
- Mocharasa (Shalmali) — Salmalia malabarica
- Samanga (Lajjalu) — Mimosa pudica
- Padma kesara(Kamala) — Nelumbo nucifera
- Vahlika (Kumkuma) — Crocus sativus
- Ativisa — Aconitum heterophyllum
- Musta — Cyperus rotundus
- Bilva — Aegle marmelos
- Lodhra — Symplocos racemosa
- Gairika — Purified Red Ochre
- Katphala — Myrica nagi
- Maricha — Piper nigrum
- Shunthi — Zingiber officinale
- Mrudvika — Vitis vinfera
- Rakta Chandana — Pterocarpus santalinus
- Katvanga — Oroxylum indicum
- Vatsaka(Kutaja) — Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Ananta(Sariva) — Hemidesmus indicus
- Dhataki — Woodfordia fruticosa
- Madhuka — Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Arjuna — Terminalia arjuna
¼ to 1/2 teaspoonful or 1-3 gm twice a day with honey or rice water before a meal or as directed by the Physician.
Side Effects —
Overuse of this medication for a very long period of time may result in Irregular menstruation
Bhaishajyaratnavali pradhararogachikitsa prakarana 25 – 31
Can be brought here —
- Kamdhenu Laboratories Pushyanug Churna
- Baidyanath Pushyanug Churna
- Dhootapapeshwar Pushyanuga Churna
- AVS KOTTAKKAL Pushyanug Churna
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.