Pada Daari or Cracked heel is a very common problem and more among the women. And it can be cured by home remedies.
In addition to dry, thick skin it is accompanied by symptoms such as itching, redness and skin peeling. We should undertake appropriate precautions to prevent cracks from going deeper and causing bleeding and pain.
There are several home remedies for cracked heels here are some:
- Olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, etc., can be used.
- Firstly, soak your feet in warm water and scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet and pat them dry.
- Apply any oil on your heels and soles.
- At the same time, wear a pair of socks and leave them overnight while you sleep.
- Do this for a few days until the cracks in your heels heal.
Rice Flour —
- Helps as an exfoliate. It helps remove dead skin, thus preventing cracking and dryness.
- For scrub, mix a handful of rice flour with a teaspoon of honey and apple cider vinegar. Make a paste.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 5 minutes and scrub the feet gently.
- Repeat the process a few times a week until you are satisfied with the results.
- Crush a few Neem leaves make a fine paste and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add the paste to the cracks and leave for half an hour.
- Wash your feet with warm water and pat dry.
- Soak feet for 10 to 15 minutes in lukewarm water and add a cup of lemon juice to it.
- Scrub your cracked heels using pumice stone.
- Wash your feet and pat dry with a towel.
Sea Salt —
- Mix half a cup of Sea salt to a foot tub filled with warm water.
- Soak your feet in the solution for 10 minutes.
- Scrub your feet with a pumice stone and soak the foot again for 10 minutes.
- Pat your feet dry and apply petroleum jelly to lock in moisture
- For best results, take a pair of socks to prevent additional moisture from evaporating.
Petroleum jelly —
- Scrub the dead skin on your feet and soak them in warm water
- Apply the petroleum jelly on the entire heel area.
- Cover your feet with socks so that the jelly soaks into the skin.
- For good results, do it before going to bed.
At the first sign of cracked heels, try the natural treatments to restore soft and smooth skin on your heels. Also, to keep your body well hydrated by drinking lots of water and eating a well-balanced food.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.