Drinking hot water is one among the excellent habits that suits most of the people. It’s notably helpful during the night.
Advantages of hot water –
Drinking hot water at night time is helpful in diseases like Kapha related diseases, amavata (compared with rheumatic arthritis), reduces fat deposits within the body, cleans the bladder, helpful in treating cough and other respiratory diseases and fever.
How does Hot water work?
According to Ayurveda, the blockade of the various body canal, large and minute (such as airways, circulatory system, etc.) is caused by the unbalanced doshas one of the main causes of sickness manifestation. Hot water avoids this blockage and clears the blockade to an extent. Therefore helps in the prevention and / or treatment of diseases.
Hot water health advantages –
- It helps to boost digestion and alleviate digestive disorders.
- Drinking hot water in the night before getting to bed is a wonderful remedy to clear-coated tongue.
- Drinking hot water is one among the foremost vital nutritionary advice in the treatment of cold, cough, respiratory infections, asthma, allergic diseases, etc.
- Hot water reduces the frequency of recurrent cold seizures particularly in children.
- Drinking hot water is an excellent sore throat remedy.
- Drinking a spoon of honey with a glass of water is usually recommended in obesity treatment.
- It avoids fat absorption to an extent.
- Hot water cleanses bladder. Therefore it’s the foremost natural and easily available bladder cleansing remedy.
- Drinking hot water at night is much recommended for the treatment of fever.
- Drinking hot water is highly recommended in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
Drinking regular hot water isn’t advisable if you regularly suffer from heat and burning (Pitta body type)
In cases of disease state, drinking hot water cannot be the only answer. Medications are needed in most cases.