Acne, the most dreaded nightmare of all the girls and mine too. And if it leaves behind a scar then the whole world becomes upside down and many tend to try all the remedies which are there.
So let us see the tried and tested remedies which I have tried and yes it has worked:
Honey and Lemon juice:
- One antiseptic and the other acidic which help revitalize the skin and kill the bacteria respectively.
- Firstly, you would need 1 teaspoon of Honey and 5 drops of Lemon juice.
- Mix this mixture thoroughly and apply evenly on the scars. Wash off after it is dried.
Rosewater and Sandalwood powder:
- In addition to , 1teaspoon of Chandan powder or Sandalwood powder, add 1 spoon of Rose water.
- Mix it thoroughly and apply it to the scars. Wash off after 30 minutes with normal water.
Lemon Juice and Water:
- Also, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and mix it with 4 teaspoons of water.
- Apply it on the scars and wash off after an hour.
- In the meantime, Soak a few fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- In the morning make a paste of it and apply evenly on the face. Wash off after an hour.
- Crush the mint leaves.
- The juice what you get apply it on the face and wash off after an hour.
- Also we can, Cut slices of Potato and rub them or take the juice of it and apply it evenly and wash off after half an hour.
- A teaspoon of Baking soda and the required water for making a paste. Apply the paste on the scars and wash after 30 minutes.
- Remove the pulp of the of the aloe vera and rub the gel over the scars and wash off after 10 minutes with cold water.
- The Juice of papaya is applied on the face and washed off after it has dried. It gives a glow as well as the scars vanish.
- Take a teaspoon of curd and apply it on the scars and massage in circular motion for about 15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
Gram Flour / Besan:
- 2 teaspoons of Besan and rose water make a mixture apply it evenly on the face and wash off after it dries with cold water.
Some points to remember:
- Wash your face at least 3 times a day. And dab the skin do not rub them.
- Do avoid applying any cosmetics on the Acne and the scars they might not suit your skin.
- And do not keep touching the acne or scraping the scars. It might leave behind a deeper scar which is very difficult to remove.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.