Acne, the most dreaded nightmare of all the girls and mine too. And if it leaves behind a scar then the whole world becomes upside down and many tend to try all the remedies which are there.
So let us see the tried and tested remedies which I have tried and yes it has worked:
1. Honey and Lemon juice: One antiseptic and the other acidic which help revitalize the skin and kill the bacteria respectively.
You would need 1 teaspoon of Honey and 5 drops of Lemon juice. Mix this mixture thoroughly and apply evenly on the scars. Wash off after it is dried.
2. Rosewater and Sandalwood powder: 1teaspoon of Chandan powder or Sandalwood powder and 1 spoon of Rose water. Mix it thoroughly and apply it to the scars. Wash off after 30 minutes with normal water.
3. Lemon Juice and Water: 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and mix it with 4 teaspoons of water. Apply it on the scars and wash off after an hour.
4. Fenugreek: Soak a few fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning make a paste of it and apply evenly on the face. Wash off after an hour.
5. Mint Leaves: Crush the mint leaves. The juice what you get apply it on the face and wash off after an hour.
6. Potato: Cut slices of Potato and rub them or take the juice of it and apply it evenly and wash off after half an hour.
7. Baking Soda: A teaspoon of Baking soda and the required water for making a paste. Apply the paste on the scars and wash after 30 minutes.
8. Aloe vera: Remove the pulp of the of the aloe vera and rub the gel over the scars and wash off after 10 minutes with cold water.
9. Papaya Juice: The Juice of papaya is applied on the face and washed off after it has dried. It gives a glow as well as the scars vanish.
10. Curds: Take a teaspoon of curd and apply it on the scars and massage in circular motion for about 15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
11. Gram Flour / Besan: 2 teaspoons of Besan and rose water make a mixture apply it evenly on the face and wash off after it dries with cold water.
12. Cinnamon Powder and Honey: Make a paste and apply on the face and wash off after 1 hour.
13. Tomato Juice: As it has Vitamins and Sulphur it helps in removing out impurities from the skin. Here’s what you should do:
Apply the fresh juice of 2 tomatoes and leave it for about 30 minutes and then wash off with cold water. You can add turmeric powder to this too.
14. Eat Loads of Veggies, fruits and drink loads of water: Helps to flush out all the toxins from the all the toxins.
Some points to remember:
• Wash your face at least 3 times a day. And dab the skin do not rub them.
• Do avoid applying any cosmetics on the Acne and the scars they might not suit your skin.
• And do not keep touching the acne or scraping the scars. It might leave behind a deeper scar which is very difficult to remove.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.