Acne could be a common skin disease that affects individuals of all ages. Teenagers suffer the foremost from acne owing to the increased hormone levels in their body.
Insomnia, an excessive amount of stress, unhealthy eating habits and a changing lifestyles may cause acne. Acne will appear on the face, chest, back and scalp. Though there’s no definitive cure, there are many simple ways to cure using common ingredients found in the kitchen to stop or minimize the problem.
Here are some remedies:
Baking soda works as a mild exfoliant for your skin. Hence, it unclogs the pores and removes dead skin.
It additionally helps regulate the pH balance of the skin and has gentle anti-inflammatory drug and antiseptic properties. all these characteristics make it a wonderful home remedy for clearing acne
- A paste of 1 or 2 teaspoons of baking soda and a bit water is applied. Rinse it off after a couple of minutes.
- You can also combine together 2 tablespoons baking soda, one teaspoon cinnamon powder, the juice of half a lemon, and 5 tablespoons honey. Apply it on your face and wash after 5 minutes
Oatmeal is helpful in reducing acne as it cleanses skin pores and absorbs excess oil. Plus, it exfoliates your skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Madhu(honey) and half lemon juice in a cup of cooked oatmeal. Rub this mixture over skin. Leave it on for half-hour then wash it with lukewarm water. try this once or twice per week.
Multani mitti —
Multani mitti is for greasy and acne skin because it absorbs excess oil (without over-drying your skin) and unclogs the pores. It helps boosts the complexion too.
- Mix equal amount of multani mitti, rose water, and sandalwood powder. Make a paste. Apply this mud pack to your face. Wash once it dries up. Repeat the method once every week.
Lemon juice —
The acidic property of lemons is very helpful in treating acne. Lemon can clean out dirt that has accumulated in the pores. you can use it on your skin daily however if it’s too drying then use it every 2 or 3 days.
- Rub a slice of lemon on the affected space and leave it for a couple of hours before rinse your face with water.
- You can add lemon juice with rose water in equal amounts and use it to clean the affected space completely.
Tooth Paste —
The toothpaste that you use often to clean your teeth can even help clear up an acne problem. this is actually one among the simplest home remedies for acne.
- Apply small amount of white toothpaste on the acne before going to bed. The toothpaste will reduce the swelling and dry out the acne. within a day or 2, you can see significant improvement.
Orange Peel —
The high vitamin C in a orange makes it an ideal cure for acne. you can use the juice from the orange also as its peel, but the peel will be more effective.
- Put orange peel in the sun and let it fully dry out. Crush the dried peel into a powder and add water to form a paste. Apply paste to the acne and leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes. Then wash your face with warm water.
Aloe vera gel —
The pacifying and anti inflammatory properties in Aloe vera will treat acne in a matter of a couple of days. Aloe vera gel is also useful in healing the scars caused by acne.
• Apply pure Aloe vera gel from a leaf off an Aloe vera plant and squeeze the gel from the center. Apply the Aloe vera gel to the affected area twice daily.
The herb fenugreek can even be used in the treatment of acne because of its anti-inflammatory drug, antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
- Mix fenugreek leaves with water to form a smooth paste. Apply the paste on the acne and keep it on for ten to fifteen minutes. Then wash face with warm water. Repeat the method for 3 to four days to permit the acne to heal.
- Alternatively, crush one teaspoon of fenugreek (methi) seeds into a fine powder and add small amount of warm water to make a paste. Apply paste on the acne. Leave it on for about twenty minutes or overnight and then rinse it off. do this 2 or 3 times per week.
Neem is used for the treatment of various skin diseases. It is anti microbic and aseptic properties that facilitate kill the bacteria that cause acne. Also, it eases the redness and swelling of skin breakouts.
- Make a paste of tender neem leaves by adding a bit water. Add some turmeric (haldi) powder to the paste and then apply it on the acne. Keep it on for twenty minutes and then wash it off. do that at least twice per week.
- You can also apply neem oil a couple of times every day till you see improvement.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.