An excess of digestive acids made by the stomach will cause Acidity, Stomach ache, Gas, Nausea and bad breath. It’s a typical problem that affects individuals of all ages.
Consumption of spicy foods, absence of exercise, erratic eating habits, stress, or consuming alcohol often will cause acidity.
If you often suffer from acidity, drink a glass of lukewarm water each day before going to sleep and right away once waking up in the morning. don’t drink water during or straightaway after a meal although, as it will cause improper digestion which will contribute to acidity.
There are more simple ingredients out there in your kitchen or refrigerator that may be used to get relief from stomach acidity.
Tulsi Leaves —
The pacifying and carminative properties of tulsi leaves will offer you instant cure from acidity, gas and nausea.
- Simply eat some tulsi leaves at the early sign of acid upset. make sure to chew them completely.
- Another option is to boil 3 to 5 tulsi leaves in a cup of water then let it simmer for a couple of minutes. you can sweeten this tulsi tea with honey. don’t add milk, though. Sip it often.
Cinnamon (Dalchini) —
Cinnamon is useful for your digestive health. It works as a natural antacid and aids in dispelling stomach gas.
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a very cup of water. Bring it to a boil and then permit it to steep for some minutes. Drink this cinnamon tea 2 to 3 times on a daily basis.
It contains lactic acid that regulates the acidity within the stomach.
- Crush half to 1 teaspoon of fenugreek (methi) seeds with water to form a paste. Combine it in a glass of plain buttermilk, and consume it to relieve acidity.
- You can drink plain buttermilk many times each day till you get relief. mix in a very little black pepper or one teaspoon of coarsely cut coriander leaves for best results.
Cloves will help alleviate acidity and dispel gas owing to their carminative impact that increases acid in the stomach.
- Chew 2 to 3 cloves entirely in order that the juices are released into your system.
- Eating powder of cloves and cardamom mixed in equal quantity will help decrease acid problem and freshen bad breath that usually accompanies this problem.
Cumin seeds also can be used to treat acidity as cumin works as a good acid neutralizer. Also, it helps in digestion and helps relieve stomach pain.
- Slightly crush some roast cumin seeds and stir it into a glass of water. Drink it once after every meal.
- Boil one teaspoon of cumin seeds in a very cup of water, strain it then drink the water after your meal.
- Another option is to combine one teaspoon each of coriander seed powder, Jeera powder, Saunf powder and some sugar in half cup of water. Drink it on an empty stomach.
The anti-inflammatory drug properties in ginger facilitate in reducing acidity. Ginger juice can even nullify stomach acids.
- Just chew a slice of fresh ginger.
- Put some fresh ginger slices in a very cup of boiling water, let it steep for a couple of minutes then drink it.
- Even a spoon of ginger juice taken 2 to 3 times on a daily basis will give relief from acidity.
It aids digestion and becomes alkaline within the gastrointestinal system, thus reducing stomach acidity
- After every meal, suck on alittle piece of jaggery till acidity subsides. This remedy isn’t appropriate for people that have diabetes.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.