As a mangalorean, we use Coconut oil almost every day in cooking and application externally. It has antioxidant, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Here are some benefits of using Coconut oil every day:
Firstly, It moisturizes the skin
At the same time helps , boosts the immune system
Lowers the cholesterol levels
Controls the blood sugar by improving the secretion of Insulin
- owing to its moisturizing and anti oxidant properties.
Also helps , Nourish our Hair
- to begin with, the fatty acids present requires less energy to break down.
- And it can be easily digested and absorbed.
Increases bone strength
- Undeniably, it aids the absorption of calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and other important minerals.
- Firstly, the fatty acids are absorbed directly into the cells
- And in turn, they can be easily burned as energy rather than being stored.
Helps lower the risk of Alzheimer’s
Fights inflammation –
- Above all, the Lauric and Capric acid helps in mediating inflammation.
Soothes the rash
- Moreover, owing to the anti inflammatory property it helps in soothing the rash.
Additionally helps in healing wound
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties make it ideal for minor scrapes and scratches.
- It aids smooth functioning of digestive tract.
Helps reducing Sun tan
Reduces Dark circles
Softens the dry elbows
Eases the arthritis pain
- As it is anti inflammatory it helps to reduces the soreness
Treats Athletes Foot
- Firstly, Wash your foot, pat dry it.
- Additionally, apply considerable amount of the oil because of it anti fungal property it helps in healing it.
Prevent Stretch Marks
- Rub the oil onto the area and massage it well.
Detangles Hair –
- Dampen your hair well and then massage with coconut oil for about 3 minutes.
- Then comb your hair slowly to find the hair detangled.
Helps heal the cracked heels
- Soak your feet in warm water for 15 minutes, then slough the dead cells using a pumice stone
- Afterwards, apply coconut oil on the heels and massage it well.
Reduces Fine lines
- Apply small amount of coconut oil on the face and
- massage it slowly for 5 minutes.
- Application of Coconut oil helps in absorption of calcium.
Prevents Split ends –
- The fatty acids present in coconut oil stick to keratin, there by protecting the hair from breakage
- Apply oil about 2 -3 times a week to help keep itching at bay.
- Everyday use of Coconut oil helps in reducing heart burn
Helps heal a bruise –
- Application of coconut oil on the bruise helps in repair the tissue damage.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.