As a mangalorean, we use Coconut oil almost every day in cooking and application externally. It has antioxidant, antimicrobial, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Here are some benefits of using Coconut oil every day:
1. It moisturizes the skin
2. Boosts the immune system
3. Lowers the cholesterol levels
4. Controls the blood sugar by improving the secretion of Insulin
5. Reduces Stretch marks — owing to its moisturizing and anti oxidant properties.
6. Nourishes Hair
7. Aids digestion – the fatty acids present in the coconut oil requires less energy to break down. And can be easily digested and absorbed.
8. Increases bone strength – it aids the absorption of calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and other important minerals.
9. Promotes weight loss – as the fatty acids are absorbed directly into the cells, they can be easily burned as energy rather than being stored.
10. Energy Booster
11. Lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s
12. Fights inflammation – the Lauric and Capric acid helps in mediating inflammation.
13. Soothes the rash – Owing to the anti inflammatory property it helps in soothing the rash.
14. Helps in healing wound — Antibacterial and antifungal properties make coconut oil ideal for minor scrapes and scratches.
15. Helps in Constipation relief – aids smooth functioning of digestive tract.
16. Helps reducing Sun tan
17. Reduces Dark circles
18. Softens the dry elbows
19. Eases the arthritis pain – As it is anti inflammatory it helps to reduces the soreness
20. Treats Athletes Foot — Wash your foot, pat dry it. Add considerable amount of Coconut oil because of it anti fungal property it helps in healing it.
21. Prevent Stretch Marks – Rub coconut oil onto the area and massage it well.
22. Detangles Hair – Dampen your hair well and then massage with coconut oil for about 3 minutes. Then comb your hair slowly to find the hair detangled.
23. Helps heal the cracked heels – Soak your feet in warm water for 15 minutes, then slough the dead cells using a pumice stone and apply coconut oil on the heels and massage it well.
24. Reduces Fine lines – Apply small amount of coconut oil on the face and massage it slowly for 5 minutes.
25. Ease Osteoporosis – Application of Coconut oil helps in absorption of calcium.
26. Prevents Split ends – The fatty acids present in coconut oil stick to keratin, the main protein of hair there by protecting the hair from breakage.
27. Reduces Dandruff – Apply oil about 2 -3 times a week to help keep itching at bay.
28. Minimizes Heartburn – Everyday use of Coconut oil helps in reducing heart burn
29. Helps heal a bruise – Application of coconut oil on the bruise helps in repair the tissue damage.
30. Fights acne