As soon as I hear the name or see Bitter gourd my mouth automatically turns into bitter and will have a weird expression on the face, which is not a pleasant sight at all.
However, it is a common notion that only people who suffer from Diabetes should eat Bitter gourd which is so wrong. Eating or inculcating it in our diet will help us improve health in many folds.
Here are the benefits of Bitter gourd —
Helps in Blood purification —
- in the first place it is considered as one of the best blood purifier.
- In addition it is very helpful in itchiness of hand, and wounds formed from impure blood.
- Accordingly it should be taken with Lime juice and honey for blood purification.
Helps in curing Cholera and Jaundice
Helps in lowering Cholesterol levels –
- It is loaded with Phytonutrients and anti oxidants which help reducing the cholesterol levels in the body.
Helps increasing Immunity –
- Due to the antioxidants present in bitter gourd it helps in boosting immunity.
- Take a teaspoon of the juice daily.
Helps in weight loss –
- Owing to the antioxidants and phytonutrients it helps in reducing weight by increasing the metabolism.
Helps kill the intestinal worms –
- It is known to have antihelminthic properties which help kill the intestinal worms.
Helps getting rid of a hangover –
- Actually it has anti-intoxication property which helps in getting rid of that hangover.
Helps in getting rid of Acne and give a clear complexion –
- As a matter of fact, it has anti-inflammatory properties which is good for the skin.
In diabetes –
- The juice helps in controlling blood sugar and cures insulin resistance.
Cleanses your liver —
- Helps in cleansing all the toxins in the liver and helps regenerate the cells
Aids in flushing out the kidney stones –
- It helps cleanses your kidney and helps flush out the kidney stones
Helps improve eye sight –
- The beta carotene in it helps cure the eye problems and improves the eye sight.
Helps relieve Asthma and Bronchitis –
- 2 teaspoons of the juice with a cup of diluted honey helps in relieving asthma and bronchitis.
- Additionally, It is fibrous which helps in curing constipation.
So why wait?! Let us start eating Bitter gourd daily in small amounts and take all the benefits of it.
I’m Dr. Malini Bhat MD (Ayu); an Ayurvedic Doctor and a health blogger. Follow me on social media to get daily health tips which you can easily adapt to a healthy lifestyle.