Wrinkles are the sign of aging. The collagen present in the skin looses with aging. As a result, the skin appears wrinkled or creased. Although, appearance of wrinkles is a biological process, but free radicals and UV rays speed up the process. Before the wrinkles snatch the beauty of your face, treat them! You can overcome this problem at home with the help of natural remedies.
Let’s understand the causes and symptoms of wrinkles.
Various factors are responsible for causing wrinkles, like:
- Free radicals
- Sun exposure
- Lack of nutrition
- Rapid Weight loss
- Sedentary Life
- Lack of proper skin care
- Poor nutrition and diet
Wrinkles generally appear on the upper arms, hands, neck and face. The symptoms of wrinkles are:
- Deep furrows
- Fine lines
- Saggy face
Home Remedies for Wrinkles–
In order to get wrinkle-free face, many people, especially women go for dermal fillers, Botox injections and many other dangerous methods. Off course, these scientific methods will work great once, but after a few months, your skin will get worse. Before thinking of getting any Botox or dermal filler, let’s take a look at these natural home remedies for wrinkles.
Olive Oil –
- Regularly massaging olive oil onto the affected skin area will moisturize, repair and even regenerate skin cells. As the oil penetrates deep into the skin, it provides long-lasting protection and keeps it moisturized.
- Another option is to mix a few drops of honey with a few drops of olive oil and glycerin. Massage the mixture into your skin twice daily. This will eliminate dead cells and help tighten sagged skin.
You can also massage your skin with coconut oil, almond oil or vitamin E oil to prevent and reduce wrinkles.
Fenugreek leaves, seeds and even oil work as an antidote for different skin problems, including wrinkles. The leaves are rich in vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed by the body and help treat wrinkles and fine lines when this remedy is used regularly.
- Grind a handful of fresh fenugreek leaves to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your face and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You can also wash your face with water boiled with fenugreek seeds or apply fenugreek oil on your wrinkles and fine lines.
Aloe vera —
The aloe vera plant contains malic acid that helps reduce wrinkles by improving the elasticity of your skin.
- Simply cut an aloe vera leaf from the plant and extract its gel. Apply the fresh gel onto your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Another option is to mix one teaspoon of aloe vera gel with the contents of a vitamin E capsule. Apply the mixture to areas where wrinkles are forming. Leave it on half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Ginger works as an excellent anti-wrinkle remedy due to its high antioxidant content. Moreover, it helps inhibit the breakdown of elastin, one of the main causes of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Mix a pinch of grated ginger with a tablespoon of honey. Eat this mixture every morning.
- You can also drink ginger tea twice daily.
Bananas are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that combat the causes of wrinkles and fine lines. Using this remedy twice per week will rejuvenate your skin and treat wrinkles in a natural manner.
- Mash two ripe bananas into a thick paste. Apply the paste on the wrinkled areas. Leave it on for at least a half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow it with some skin moisturizer.
- Alternatively, you can use a mixture of one mashed banana and avocado, along with a little honey. Slather it on your skin, lave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
Almonds are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin E, iron, zinc, calcium, folic acid, and oleic acid, which combined can delay the aging process and treat wrinkles.
- Soak some almonds in raw milk overnight. In the morning, remove the skin and grind the almonds into a thick paste. Apply the paste onto your skin, and even under your eyes to get rid of dark circles. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. For best results, do this daily.
- You can also massage almond oil into your skin to delay the effects of aging.
Carrots have a high content of vitamin A, which promotes the production of collagen and helps keep the skin smooth.
- Boil two or three large carrots in water until they become soft. Blend the carrots with some honey to get a paste. Apply it directly on the face. Leave it on for about a half an hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to a combination of equal parts of carrot juice and honey each morning and evening. You can leave it for about 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Also, include raw carrots in your diet.
Lemon Juice –
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid that acts as a strong exfoliant and helps get rid of dead skin cells. It also works as a deep cleansing agent and astringent that will help fade blemishes as well as wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging, like dark circles.
- Gently rub a little bit of lemon juice into your facial skin. Leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes and then rinse your face with water. Do this two to three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon each of yogurt, honey and vitamin E oil and lemon juice. Spread it on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Another option is to apply lemon juice mixed with amla powder (Indian gooseberry) onto your face to treat wrinkles and delay aging naturally.
Pineapples have enzymes that promote skin elasticity, moisturize the skin, and help eliminate dead skin cells as well. The fruit is also rich in antioxidants, fibers and vitamins that boost skin health.
- Rub pineapple flesh on the affected skin area. Allow it to dry for 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm or cold water.
- Apply the juice from a green pineapple onto the skin daily for five minutes before washing off. This is also a very good remedy for treating dark circles around the eyes.
Drinking water is one of the easiest and most effective home remedies for treating wrinkles. Water keeps the body hydrated and maintains the moisture level in the skin. When the body is dehydrated, your skin will generally look older.
Be sure to drink pure, filtered water, as unfiltered water may have traces of chemicals that can damage your skin over time.
Drink at least two liters of filtered water daily. Have a glass in the morning to kick start your day and then keep a bottle of water beside you throughout the day. Avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks, though.
Milk Powder —
Honey will give your skin a glow while milk powder will make your skin softer and wrinkle-free.
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey, 4 tablespoons of milk powder and 2 tablespoons of warm water. Mix them all together.
- Apply it on the face and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off thoroughly.
Tomato is a very effective home remedy for face wrinkles. This will tighten your skin and give your cheeks natural redness
• Eat a tomato daily.
• Apply tomato pulp on your face and neck.
This will freshen up your dull skin and make it really smooth.
- Rub watermelon skin on your face.
- Leave it for 5-7 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with cold water.
This pack will tighten and brighten your skin, removing wrinkles.
- Take some rice powder.
- Mix rose water and milk in it so as to make a thick smooth paste
- Apply this face pack on your wet face, and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Papaya is a very good option for removing wrinkles and fine lines. It is a very effective natural remedy for wrinkles and will bring glow on your face.
- Take a piece of papaya and mash it.
- Add honey to it and apply it on the neck and face.
- Keep it for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water.
Egg White —
This is a very good home remedy for wrinkles on hands and face.
- Take an egg and separate the white part.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of glycerine and rosewater in the white part and stir well.
- Apply this on your wrinkles.
- Wash off after 30 minutes and pat dry.
Sandalwood powder —
Sandalwood is a very ancient remedy and has been used from olden times in order to get perfect, glowy and wrinkle-free skin. Sandalwood powder will bring a glow to your face; rosewater will give your skin a rosy look, as well as make your skin wrinkle-free. It is also a good remedy for acne.
- Take sandalwood powder and mix rosewater in it.
- Make a smooth paste and apply it on your wet face.
Avocado is full of Vitamin E which will nourish your dry skin, making it tight.
- Take an avocado and take out the pulp.
- Mash it and apply it on the face.
- Wash off in 30 minutes.
Additional Tips —
- Limit sun exposure, especially when the sun is strongest.
- Do not use face products containing alcohol.
- Buy facial products containing natural oils.
- Apply a good sunscreen with SPF when you go out in the sunlight.
- Apply a light moisturizer on the skin, especially on the face.
- Apply skin tightening mask, once a week.
- Get 8 hours sleep.
- Relieve yourself of stress.
- Reduce and manage stress as chronic stress accelerates cellular skin aging.
- Stop smoking as it can damage collagen and cause early wrinkles.
- Include more vitamin C rich foods such as orange, blueberries, grapefruit, pineapple, broccoli, bell peppers, spinach, and kale in your diet. Vitamin C promotes collagen formation and fights free radicals. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids will also help keep your skin youthful and plump.
- Get proper sleep and prefer to sleep on your back to prevent sleep lines that eventually turn into wrinkles.
- Control facial expressions like squinting and frowning as they tend to overwork the facial muscles.
Aging is a natural phenomenon leading to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin, but these remedies will help you decelerate the process. You can look younger for many more years to come.