Green tea is known as the healthiest tea loaded with antioxidants and nutrients which improve brain function and many other benefits. Read on to know about them.
1. Helps in weight loss – The polyphenols present in Green Tea helps in reducing weight.
2. Helps regulate blood sugar levels – Green tea helps in regulating blood sugar levels by slowing down the process of rise of blood sugar after eating.
3. Improves Dental Health – Green tea contains catechin which lowers the risk of infections and prevents the growth of bacteria thereby improving dental health.
4. Improves Good Cholesterol – Drinking Green tea everyday helps in reducing Bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol.
5. Reduces the risk of High Blood pressure – Having Green tea everyday reduces the risk of High blood pressure.
6. Relaxes the mind – Green tea has a amino acid, Theanine which helps relax the mind.
7. Helps reducing Wrinkles – Green tea has anti oxidants and anti inflammatory properties which helps in reducing wrinkles.
8. Helps hydrate the body – As Green tea does not have much of Caffeine it does not dehydrate the body.
9. Gives reliefs from toothache pain – Green tea has anti bacterial property which helps in relieving from tooth ache pain.
10. Helps Boosts Immunity – Green tea has Catechins which help boost immunity.
11. Help get rid of excess fluid in the body — Green tea is known to have diuretic effects which help in getting rid of excess fluid in the body.
12. Gives Fresh Breath – Green tea helps in slowing down the growth of bacteria that leads to bad breath
13. Gives a healthy Skin – Mix 100 ml of Green tea into half a litre of water let it stay for 30 minutes. Strain it and refrigerate it. Use this mixture to wash face after a long tired day.
14. Acts as an exfoliator – To 5 teaspoons of Curd add one teaspoon of green tea leaves. And slowly massage this mixture onto the face. Let it stay for 10 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
15. Prevents Dandruff – Green tea has antiseptic properties which help in preventing dandruff.
16. Helps in Hair growth – Green tea contains Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Polyphenols which helps in hair growth. Steep 5 tea bags in half a liter of water use this water as an after rinse after head bath.
17. Reduces Asthma – Green tea has Theophylline which relaxes the muscles which give support to the bronchial tubes thereby reducing asthma.
18. Keeps Bones strong – Green tea has a high fluoride content which helps keep bones strong.
19. Makes Nails stronger – Soak your nails in green tea once a week to make the stronger.
1. To be consumed best in moderation.
2. More than 5 cups a day may cause Insomnia, diarrhea, etc.,
So why wait?! Let us drink Green tea and take all the benefits.